Liposomal Vitamin C is useful in increasing the body’s immune system and fighting off different kinds of diseases and illnesses. High doses of Vitamin C have benefits and are helpful in treating cancer. According to Dr. Thomas Levy’s findings, this type of oral C could match the efficacy of Vitamin C by IV.
He realized that the combination of Vitamin C and phospholipids, which are liposomes, radically improved cellular bioavailability. Since Vitamin C is water soluble, only 20% enters the cell walls. But when coated with a substance similar to the cell walls, Vitamin C bypasses the digestive system so it doesn’t get broken down and can make its way into the cells with a 90% absorption rate, thus avoiding side effects such as diarrhea which can be associated with high doses of oral C.
Liposomes are double layer, liquid filled bubbles made from phospholipids. One such liposome is lecithin, which we will use to make our Liposomal C. Researchers discovered that you could fill these spheres. Once filled, they can protect and deliver therapeutic agents into the body and even into specific cells. Liposomes are nearly identical to the bilayer construction of the cell membranes that surround each of the cells in the human body.
Why Vitamin C?
Vitamin C not only prevents and reverses the oxidative damage, but it also strongly stimulates the natural antimicrobial and antitoxic properties of the immune system.
How to make your own Liposomal C
What you will need:
1. Combine 1 cup of filtered water with 3 Tablespoons of lecithin in one jar. Put the lid on and shake well to incorporate. Let sit about an hour until dissolved.
2. In the other jar, combine ½ cup of water and 2 tablespoons of Vitamin C and mix well.
3. Next, put the ingredients from both jars in a blender. Blend until incorporated. Then place the mixture in the jewelry cleaner and run for 3 to 10 cycles, stirring occasionally.
4. When finished, put the mixture in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
5. The ultrasonic agates the mixture so the lecithin coats the Vitamin C.
6.Take at least one teaspoon full first thing in the morning. Take as much as needed throughout the day.
**The products linked are my recommendations from Amazon.